Guide to Linking PAN with Aadhaar:
As per the new government rules, it is become a mandatory process to Link Pan Card with Aadhar Card. With the help of this, only you can process your income tax returns. Linking is also important for the banking transactions of amounts Rs.50,000 and above. The process of linking PAN with AADHAR is very simple. Here in this article, we have mentioned the easy steps of Link Pan Card to Aadhar Card.
Notice: The last date of Linking PAN to AADHAR has been extended, and now it is available until 31 March.
Ways to Linking PAN with Aadhar:
- To link Link Pan Card with Aadhar Card., first, you need to visit our website www.downloadpancard.com.
- Now visit the section of Link Pan Card to Aadhar Card.
- Submit your details like Aadhaar number, PAN and date Of birth, name same as mentioned in your AADHAR.
- Enter the Captcha code from www.downloadpancard.com and submit it. You will be directed to another page where the notification shows your AADHAR is linked with PAN.
Importance of Linking PAN:
Both Aadhaar are PAN cards are important and unique in their own ways. You can serve both cards as proof of your identity. Both the card plays a great role in the verification and registration purpose. The government also requested Indian citizens to Link Pan Number to Aadhar Card due to the following reasons:
- Prevention of Tax Evasion: If you Link Pan Card with Aadhar Card, the government will be able to keep an eye on the taxable transactions of a particular individual or entity. The taxpayer's identity and address will be verified by their Aadhaar card. Through this, every action of the taxable transaction will be in records of the government. They will keep all the records of your financial transaction.
- Multiple PAN Cards: One other reason for linking PAN with AADHAR is reducing the number of people who apply multiple times for PAN cards. These kinds of people defraud the government and avoid paying taxes. When you Link Pan Number to Aadhar Card, you are allowing the income tax department to have details of all financial transactions made through the linked PAN card.
What if You Failed to Link PAN with Aadhar?
In this case, you have to submit the documents to the local PAN Center. You must have all the necessary documents such as PAN and Aadhaar. But for this, you will have to pay a certain amount to the person or entity who does that for you.
Do you want to know the Status of Aadhar Card Link?
If you are still confused whether the AADHAR is linked or not with PAN? Follow the below steps:
- Visit the website www.downloadpancard.com and go to the section Aadhaar Status or click on the link.
- Enter PAN number as well as AADHAR number.
- Click on 'View Status.'
Now the status of the AADHAR and PAN card will be there on your screen.
Benefits of Linking your PAN with Aadhar:
There are so many benefits of Link Pan Number with Aadhaar Card, and those are:
- It removes the possibility of an individual having multiple PAN Card.
- Income Tax department records all transactions if the aadhar is linked with pan.
- filing income returns becomes easy. There is no need to submit any proof that you filed your income tax returns.
Unable to Link your PAN to Aadhar:
In some cases, you may be unable to Link Pan Number to Aadhar Card. The reason for this issue can be mismatched or wrong information. If the information in your AADHAR and PAN does not match with each other, it can not be linked. However, in this case, you need the correction and then try it again.
Procedure to Make Corrections in PAN and AADHAR Card:
It is important that the details present in the PAN Card and AADHAR are correct for Link Pan Number to Aadhar Card. In case the details submitted are wrong, or you wish to cross check again and you need verification.
- Visit our website www.downloadpancard.com.
- Open the form as per your need and Fill in all the details.
- You will be asked to fill the information like age, address proof, and proof of identity. The form will have a list of documents that you need to upload and upload your photo too.
- Once you have filled in all the information, please tick on the box, and you are done.
- Do NRIs have to link their PAN as well?
This is not required for the NRIs.
- How long will be the OTP sent valid for?
The OTP sent by our website is valid for a total of 15 minutes from the time it was generated.
- Can anyone delink their Aadhaar number?
No. There is no option for delinking the Aadhaar number once it has been updated.